Sentimental







As thou exit the cocoon
Does nostalgia compel thou to look back?
At all the hours spent in darkness
Preparing for the freedom outside.

But what is freedom to thee?
Besides a battle against time
Thou bask in the sunshine
Only to be crushed like a bug by cruel fate.

Nature will not permit thee to shine for long
So fleeting is thy existence
But shine on thou will
Bringing a smile to many with thy beauty.

Were thou afraid to leave thy cocoon?
As I am to leave my own asylum
Can I spread the same joy as thee?
Or will I suffocate in solitude for the rest of my days?

So many doubts, so many questions
But the answers are too few
I wish to be ignorant, I wish to be free
To live as gracefully as thee.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Only Superhero I've Ever Known

Self-Belief is Uncommon

In his time of dying